Thank you for visiting our Website. We, Pioneer Online Business Academy, pledge to meet the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance fully. In doing so, we will ensure compliance by all staff with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality.
Personal Data Collection and Use
Generally speaking, we do not collect any personal data from you and no registration is required in order to gain access to any information provided by our Website.
Like many other websites, we record your visit automatically through cookies, which are some small data structures sent to your computer to record your visit to our Website and to identify you during your future visits. These cookies may be saved permanently in your computer but they are usually harmless. You may disable these cookies but this may affect your browsing of our Website. The types of data collected by us include the browser type and version, the operating system, the IP address and the domain name of the server. This information collected from you will only be used to compile general statistics in relation to the number of visitors to our Website and also the usage of our Website. No personal data will be collected unless you explicitly provide that information to us.
However, personal data may be collected from you on a voluntary basis for some particular purposes or services. The purposes for collecting your personal data which include your name, telephone numbers, address, email address etc. are set out in the respective screens on our Website which invite you to provide your data. Refusal to supply personal data may result in Pioneer Online Business Academy being unable to process your request.
Where personal data is provided by you, we may occasionally send you some promotional materials regarding our products. If you do not wish to receive further promotional materials from us, please write to us at Flat 03, 17/F, Trendy Centre, 682 Castle Peak Road, Lai Chi Kok, Kowloon, Hong Kong, or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
When you send us an e-mail to make any enquiries, complaints or feedback, we will record your personal data so as to carry out further actions or to do proper follow-ups.
Security of Personal Data
Disclosure and Sharing of Personal Data
Our general policy is to keep all personal data confidential except as permitted or required by law.
The personal data provided will be used for the specified purposes stated by us when collecting such data including without limitation processing of enrolment application, statistical purposes and other related matters. We may provide personal data to persons authorised to process the information for purposes relating to those specified purposes only.
We do not share any personal data about you with other companies or organisations without your prior consent. However, information may be disclosed incidental to or in the course of our operation to the following parties:
- any personnel, agent, adviser, auditor, contractor, or service provider who provide services and advice to us in connection with our operation;
- the technicians who help to design and set up our Website;
- the person to whom we are required to make disclosure under any law applicable in or outside Hong Kong.
Personal Data Access and Correction
Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you are entitled to be informed by us whether we hold your personal data, to have access to such data and to correct such data if they are inaccurate.
Any such data access request has to be made in writing and be sent to us by mail to: Personal Data Controlling Officer, Pioneer Online Business Academy, Flat 03, 17/F, Trendy Centre, 682 Castle Peak Road, Lai Chi Kok, Kowloon, Hong Kong, or by e-mail to: email@example.com
A reasonable fee might be charged for all data access or related requests.
- The normative study period for the entire programme is around 12 months. The maximum study period for the entire programme is two years.
- Full amount will be refunded if the programme is withdrawn or not offered.
- After the commencement of the programme (date as per letter of admission), if a student wants to withdraw from the programme of his/her choice, no fees shall be refunded.
- On premature cessation of the programme, the fees that have been collected in respect of any module(s) failing to be offered will be refunded within one month of the date of such premature cessation.
- In case of a deferment, no paid fees shall be refunded at any circumstances but will be carried forward. To defer a module, a student must obtain the approval from the School and pay the deferral fees when necessary.